Following the developments in Government advice about COVID-19, we are updating members on the response of the club.
The Committee of Management’s focus must be on our responsibilities to members, visitors and staff. In consultation with Sailing Committee we have decided the following:
- The Clubhouse is closed to members effective immediately;
- Social events and sailing activities will not go ahead until further notice;
- The Midland SC AGM is postponed until 19th May;
- Merlin Rocket Open Meeting on 25th March has been cancelled;
- We will decide nearer the time whether to run the GP14 and Laser Open Meetings in May and Enterprise Open in June;
- Members who go on-site to do shore-based work or to sail should follow self-distancing guidelines and use caution and judgment in making decisions about their activities.
We are aware that COVID-19 can survive for around 10 hours on metal surfaces and therefore handling the gates and padlocks carries risk of of transmission. We have placed a bottle of alcohol gel in a discrete place and advise you to use that on entry to the site.
Further updates on club matters will be forthcoming as the situation evolves.
Midland Sailing Club